Security of your data is important to us, we will never sell or pass your details to companies for marketing or promotional purposes. We will only use your information for the reason you provided it to us for.
The following information should cover all the concerns you may have over the use of your data. However, if you have any further questions please contact us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information we collect
We may collect and process information about you, such as:
- Information you provide – Name, Address, Telephone, Email, Financial, Credit History, Car Registration, Make and Model via forms, telephone or online.
- Information provided by manufacturers – Customer information requests from caravan/motorhome manufacturers.
What we use this information for
Sharman Caravans may use your information for:
- Providing products and services eg. Workshop, Sales, Shop.
- Answering your queries.
- Processing orders for you.
- Dealing with payments.
- Notification of changes to contracts, opening times, holiday closures.
- Keeping you informed about your caravan/motorhome while being attended to in our Workshop.
- Maintaining contact with you with regard to warranty work, servicing and repairs, ordering of parts/items in our Accessory Shop.
- To offer finance quotations.
Who we share your data with
In some situations, we may need to pass your details onto Third Parties for legal or operational requirements.
- CRIS – all new caravans are registered with CRIS who need to know the new owner’s personal details. This provides verification of ownership and would help sell your caravan in the future.
- DVLA – we may need to pass your details to them in order for them to update their records.
- Black Horse Finance – to process finance agreements you may require.
- Towsure – to enable a search on your vehicle and caravan combination.
- Lunar caravan and other caravan/motorhome manufacturers.
- Ipswich SEOMERS analyse our anonymous website data to aid visitor performance
From time to time, we will send you details of offers, discounts and events that may benefit you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please tick the UNSUBSCRIBE button on our marketing emails.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- First Party Cookies – These cookies provide information regarding your usage of our website and controlled by Sharman Caravans.
- Third Party Cookies – These are cookies found in other companies’ tools which we use to enhance our website eg. Facebook, Twitter – have their own cookies that are controlled by them.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
- We will retain your data for as long as we need to for regulatory reasons – eg. HMRC.
- If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have left comments on our website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- You have the right to request a copy of all the personal data Sharman Caravans holds about you.
- You have the right to request Sharman Caravans to remove all your personal data if it is no longer relevant – except that data we have to keep due to Regulatory requirements.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
When visitors leave comments on our website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you would like Sharman Caravans to forward you any further information, or would like to make an Informal Request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01473 713284. We will be happy to help you.